Staff AccountantView Details
Company Description: Minneapolis Glass Company is a regional architectural flat glass fabricator, distributor and glazing contractor that has been in business since 1937. The company is a privately held corporation providing a multitude of glass solutions to a variety of market segments. Our glass evolution has brought quality improvement, safety, innovation and automation to the marketplace. A cut above the competition, our people, and longevity in the marketplace, creativity and technology make for a strong business model and long-lasting customer relationships.
Position Description: Minneapolis Glass Company is looking for a self motivated, detail-oriented, organized accounting professional to handle a wide-range of business initiatives in a growth-oriented environment.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for all aspects of Accounts Payable Process:
- Process large volume of vendor invoices and ensure proper general ledger coding
- Manage invoice routing and approval process
- Review invoices which have failed the three-way match process and resolve matching issues
- Ensure payments are released to vendors at designated times
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Perform daily sales order invoicing
- Manage and process daily credit card transactions
- Assist in credit and collections activities
- Respond to, investigate and solve customer and vendor generated questions and concerns
- Perform various clerical and office duties as needed
- Assist with projects and accounting related ad hoc requests
- Proven track record with 2 or more years accounting experience
- Associates and/or bachelors degree in accounting preferred
- Experience with accounting systems (Viewpoint Construction Software experience a plus)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- General accounting experience and knowledge of accounting processes
- Efficient and accurate data entry
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task, analyze and recommend process improvements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels, both internally and externally
- Must react to changing business needs and work autonomously in a fast paced environment
Please send resume to email@example.com
Residential Sales / Field Service RepresentativeView Details
As a residential sales/field service rep, you’ll put your residential design and construction background to work at Minneapolis Glass Company (established 1937), a fast-growing local firm. Our flat glass solutions are endless, and a sleek, architecturally appealing design component for both new construction and remodeling projects. Did you know we’re the leading mirror and shower door provider in the Twin Cities?
Top priorities for this position are:
- Get creative! Work with builders, homeowners and a team of designers to develop and sell glass designs that accentuate existing features, and bring out the full potential of the space.
- Results orientation! Maintain goals and pace to be a top-performing salesperson.
- Measure twice, cut once! Accurate measuring and specifications obtained in the field, while working with the customer, are key to your success.
To be a successful Residential Sales / Field Service Representative at Minneapolis Glass Company, you’ll need:
- Residential construction experience with proven track record in sales, estimating and/or field measurement
- Design experience, including consulting and working with customers to envision and create their dream solution
- Develop and nurture relationships with home builders, remodelers, designers, home owners and internal employees
- Exceptional communication skills including face-to-face customer interaction, team dynamics and presentations
- Ability to close sales based on consultative design process and relationship building
- Maintain relationships between projects for future pipeline of business
- Blueprint reading skills
- Experience with accurate review of technical project specifications and in-home measuring
- Strong computer skills including computer-aided drafting, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Accurate project estimating, technical specs and costing and skill in communication with customers, team members and managers on each project
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- React to changing business needs; be creative and change gears with each unique project
- Work independently, while also being a successful team player
- Use established business processes and software (the Microsoft suite) to achieve and track progress and results
- Two- to four-year degree in construction management, residential design or related field
- Valid driver’s license and driving record in good standing
Company Description: Minneapolis Glass Company is a regional architectural flat glass fabricator, distributor and glazing contractor since 1937. We provide glass solutions to a variety of market segments. Our glass evolution has brought quality improvement, safety, innovation and automation to the marketplace. A cut above the competition, our people, longevity, creativity and technology set us apart.
Apply Now! If you have a proven track record of success in a residential construction environment, we want to hear from you! This is a full-time career with great benefits. Interested? Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet our team
At the end of the day, it’s our people that set us apart. Behind every solutions is an amazing group of professionals that we see as family.